Monday, July 16, 2012

HOOKERS and HANGERS Blog Hop!


WOO!!! A bloghop! Here it is, the deets:

  • On July 16th, post the first sentence from each chapter.
  • On July 18th, post the last sentence from each chapter.

That's it! And you can do as many, or as few, as you like.

Here are mine :)

Vis Decor is set underwater, just to clarify :)
  1. WIP-- Ch 1. I am a man who has lost his daughter.
  2. Vis Decor-- Ch 1. Under the planet's ocean, the sandy sea bed sparkled from the rays of two suns.
  3. Vis Decor-- Ch 2. It was dark, a pre-dawn ocean flowing over Alphi’s skin.
  4. Vis Decor-- Ch 5. One Pure man treated Alphi like a queen, bowing down and making room as she swam.
  5. Vis Decor-- Ch 8. Blood splattered the side of the Grey, but he was still alive.
  6. Vis Decor-- Ch 15. A little less than two years had passed since Alphi met Feroa at the school.
  7. Vis Decor-- Ch 22. Rhea snuck into Alphi’s room in the night, and hiding behind a sound proofing spell, they sat on the bed together.
  8. Vis Decor-- Ch 26. It was as if the sea had been forced into Alphi’s body, as if a knife ran through her lungs.
Anndd, I'm done :) Thanks!

19 comments:

  1. Interesting mix. Like to see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! I need to get in on this action. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chapter five hook has me really interested, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fantastic! I get such a feel of what their world is like :) Looking forward to reading your hangers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Awesome job. I like number 5 the best, but they're all great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hooks! You've got a knack with description! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hooks. Now, when do I get to crit more Alphi so I can see what they all go with? :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. I love the imagery and visual I get. Awesome work, consider me hooked :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree about doing a great job to set the world! So good. The last one really has me hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm interested - underwater, spells, new terms (the Grey and Pure man) - it's all good. The Vis Decor sounds familiar. Were you on a query website (querytracker maybe?) a few months ago? I think I may have read a query of yours (not sure if I commented though). This sounds like something I would read. Cheers, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man. LOVE number 2. So visual. So beautiful. The daughter one is so sad :( Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heh, since there's all the underwater stuff, I was curious about #6... *school* makes me think of fish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a girl who was a sea turtle in a past life, I fully appreciate that this is underwater. You have excellent hooks, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your WIP one has a sad tone, but it's also intriguing. Is she dead, or just left. Maybe he doesn't know. Makes me want to find out!

    And your Vis Decor ones are all good, but I like the last one the best. It sounds like it has an awesome climax.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Set under the ocean? Love it! I love the ocean, it fascinates me.

    This is my favourite line:

    Under the planet's ocean, the sandy sea bed sparkled from the rays of two suns.

    ReplyDelete