Monday, July 9, 2012

Blog Award!! :D And 7 Facts about (Anonymous) Me

YAYY!!!! WOO :))) I got my first ever awesome Blog award, from the even more awesome Kela McClelland!

RULES

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. List the rules.
3. List seven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate ten people for the award. And notify them that you've given them an award.
Soooo..... I guess I have to list 7 (which is JK Rowling's favorite number in her series) facts about myself. Hehehe, this will be fun. Since I'm anonymous, and all.

1. I read the Twilight books. All four of them. And I'm a guy. MY SISTER TOLD ME TO READ THEM! Ughh!!!! I feel like I shouldn't put this up, but, well, I guess I should... sigh. Now time for me to crawl in a hole. Wait... 6 more to go.
2. I LOVE The Catcher in the Rye. Harry Potter is my favorite series of all time, and CitR is my favorite single book. I know tonsss of people don't like that book, and I agree with their critiques, to an extent.
3. A Tale of Two Cities is a close, close second to CitR above. I LOVE that book. The last few pages, in my opinion, are the most beautiful written pages of all time. And it is brilliantly plotted -- second to Harry Potter.
4. I own a typewriter. Even though I had a laptop before, I bought a typewriter. Because I thought it'd be cool.
5. My nightstand is always overfilled with books.  And yes, those are Reader's Digest and Archie comics.



5.5. I love blue. Woah. I just realized this makes sense, because I write about an underwater world. Huh.


6. I have a corner in my house dedicated to Harry Potter. Yes. I know. It's kind of sad.
7. I wrote the first few pages of my MS with a quill, in a journal I personally coffee stained. I also stained a few papers so it'd feel all Hogwartsy and parchmenty. It's pretty cool, I'm not going to lie.

 My Nominations

I'm going to try nominating people who (I think) haven't been nominated before, or who haven't gotten this award :)

Krysten Hill (who has a webs, not blogspot website, and writes about dragons)
Utsav and Brighton (who share a blog)
Stephanie Adele (who writes about awesome archaeologists)
Debra McKellan (who writes great short stories)
E. B. Black (who has a guest post coming up that I am VERY excited about)
Kelley (who is also of YAtopia! If you don't know that website, then you should)
T. F. Walsh (who is an AWESOME artist)
Morgan Shamy (who has an awesome community on her blog, filled with comments)
and Daisy Carter (who still has to post Part Two of her "How I got My Agent")

Thanks!

22 comments:

  1. With you wanting to remain all anonymous and whatnot...I'm not sure that I believe any of those random 'facts'...

    Okay, I guess it's true. I knew you liked blue because you use it a lot in your MS. :p

    I also am not surprised that you have a corner in your house just for HP...nope, not surprised at all. O.o

    No really, great post, SC. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I revealed a bit more in this post! And hehe I won't post any 'facts' that are a lie, unless I tell you I'm lying :)

      Thanks for the award! You are the BEST. (By the way, I went to sleep at 5 last night... I saw light outside my window and freaked out when I saw the sun rising....)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! And that's your nightstand? Don't let them fall on you in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks! And actually, that did happen one time. Woke me up in the middle of the night with the sound, and scared the crap out of me :D

      Delete
  3. HAHAHA AT THE ABOVE POST!

    I'm not even surprised about the Harry Potter shrine. XD I've always wanted a typewriter! That's awesome. Epic post, SC C:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh, aw, thank you :) I am quite proud of my shrine :DD

      Delete
  4. Awesome post! And thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I saw your blog post by the way :)

      Delete
  5. How cool that you still own a typewriter... Love it. Thanks for the award... i feel very special now:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my typewriter! It's SO fun to type on, but if I make a mistake... ugh. And no problem :)

      Delete
  6. You wrote the first few pages with a Quill??? You are officially the COOLEST person ever ;)

    And awwww... what a nice surprise to come here and see such a nice shout out! Seriously, thank you SO MUCH. :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh, aww thanks :)) You made me go all smiley (in real life). Quills are tons of fun, hehe. And no problem! You are more than welcome :)

      Delete
  7. That nightstand is seriously crazy! I read the tower crashed on you one night too. That's awesome. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe I just never clean out my nightstand :) It's becoming a problem. Nice to meet you too!

      Delete
  8. Oh, wow! haha Thanks! There isn't a time limit, is there, because I will have to catch up on my blog-reading...and be more versatile. XD

    And congrats!! It's quite clear you love blue. This is the world's bluest blog. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh, that should be my slogan :) The worlds' bluest blog :) And no time limit, hehe, none at all :)

      Delete
  9. Aww, thank you for this! I've actually been nominated before, so I won't post more facts about myself and traumatize everyone, haha. ;) But thank you so much!!

    I LOVE that you own a typewriter. I've only ever used one before, uh, at a mortuary. When I worked there. And needed them to fill out death certificates. (Well, there's your fun fact about me, huh?) But I loved using them and thought they were fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, oh gosh. A death typewriter? You were having fun in a mortuary! Hahaha, and aw, it's ok then :) I thought that some people would have been nominated already before.

      Delete
  10. Hi! I'm looking forward to my guest post as well. =)

    Thanks for the award. I hope to link back these awards and do all the stuff I need to eventually, but since I just posted a bunch of random facts about myself recently, I'm going to wait a bit before I do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, no problem :) I love facts about authors.

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for passing this on to me! I haven't received this award before (that I know of!). I'll try to post my 7 things next week!

    In the meantime, here's a link to some random stuff about me (click here! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU GOT TEARY EYED IN HARRY POTTER DH2 AS WELL?!!?! Ahh, and the same part I did!!!! (Yes, I'm a guy, but if I don't get teary at the end of the Harry Potter legend, I don't know when I will.) I didn't really care much (sorry!) about Snape's death; but when Harry met his mother........ UGH!

      Delete