Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Book Thief... Yes? Or No?

Guess who bought The Book Thief last night? THIS GUY!

This is an Emergency Saturday Post, and a short one, because I got The Book Thief from Wal-Mart yesterday and I am REALLY excited to start it :) YAY! I had to share it with you guys.


There is a LOOTT of hype over this book, and you know what happens with all that hype... the book falls short. It just does, even if it is awesome, which is what this Amazon review said, kind of displaying my fears. I get scared about hype, and I try not to hype things for other people either, because I KNOW hype can ruin a great book. That's why I'm nervous as I start this book. Maybe it won't live up to my expectations.

To those of you who have read it:

Did you like this book, and should I read it? Or does it fall short of all the hype?

Thanks guys! Off to get started on it!

3 comments:

  1. Well you already bought it, so you should certainly read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read it yet, but I'm curious to know what you think of it once read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK. You were in chat when I said it, but I'll say it again: This book is my holy grail book.

    It all depends on how you like the voice of the book, though. Death tells the story with a wry yet sympathetic voice. But more than that, it's the style in which the story is written—the sentences are pretty choppy, but to me that just adds to the story's suspense. The analogies made are just MAGICAL (to me). So in my opinion this book doesn't fall short no matter what; it depends on what kind of reader you are.

    I REALLY hope you like it. This book, IMO, is simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete