Wednesday, June 27, 2012

#ThingsNotToSayToAWriter

This hashtag is HILARIOUS. It's trending on the Tailored Trends thingy. So if you are on twitter, or even if you aren't go over here (not sure if that link works. If not, just google #thingsnottosaytoawriter) and check it out. It is hilarious.

FILLED with things that only writers will laugh at, and outsiders won't understand.

I did a few of them (@SC_Author). Here are my better ones :)


""Oh, I am too! I just finished my book yesterday; want to critique it?""

""Oh, so you're a writer? When's your book going to be published?""

""Make sure it's a long book. People love long books." If I heard this, I would go crazy. Absolutely crazy."


Here are a few gems:


"So, when are you going to get a REAL job?" @Krysten_Hill

"I could write a novel if only I had the time." @susanhillwriter

"Aren't you finished yet??" @JLeaLopez

""They published you because you're a woman and they have quotas for that."  (Yes: actually had this said to me.)" @TriskerSlake

"It's not that hard." @KelaMcClelland



I love that last one, and I love this hashtag!  Just send in a tweet and you'll know how it feels :)

Why? Because it vents all of the frustrations to a community that understands us. Everyone laughs and groans. Our non-writing best friends probably wouldn't understand. A good laugh is what SO MANY of us need while writing, because it can get just way too hard.


What are your favorite tweets on #thingsnottosaytoawriter? Which one of the above made you laugh? PLEASE share! I am in desperate need for a pick-me-up. Any ones you found funny? Do you have any you'd like to share?

Thanks so much guys, and don't forget to subscribe!

11 comments:

  1. I got the "When are you going to get a real job?" one recently. I'm so glad other readers can sympathize because that one drove me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, that's the beauty of this hashtag! In fact, that's the beauty of the writing community. I LOVE the community.

      Delete
  2. I love this hashtag right now! It is so hilarious and true. I enjoy seeing that pretty much every writer out there has experienced the same ridiculousness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not trending anymore though :( That's so sad; I loved that hashtag! Hopefully something funnier might come soon.

      Delete
  3. Those are funny! I need to check out others on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes you do!!! Tell me when you do; I'd love to follow you :)

      Delete
  4. Too funny... I get them all the time.. the most popular one seems to be: You might be as big as JK Rowling or Stephenie Meyer. It only takes one book!!!!!

    I got told this one again yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the long wait to reply! But OH GOSH YES. They don't know just how depressing hearing that is.... Only writers understand this. And, you've got a new follower out of me :)

      Delete
  5. The hobby one EF posted made me angry all over again. lol I've had people tell me that writing is a good hobby, but blah-blah-blah, and I wanted to fight them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh, that'd be hilarious :) A writing bullying/fighting group! Don't mess with us writers :)

      Delete
  6. I've gotten "You'll be done soon right?" even after I told that person how much goes into writing a book.

    ReplyDelete