Thursday, February 6, 2014

'Become an Agent' Winner and Revision Opportunity!

Become an Agent 2014 has officially ended!!!!!!

The votes have been tallied (by me, thank you, thank you) and the winner is TAINTED LOVE by Tiffanie Lynn! I'll be posting an interview with her this Monday, and tomorrow (Friday) I'll do a detailed analysis on why her entry won the contest. Basically, what made her query and 250 so good?

So until then, KEEP AN EYE ON THIS BLOG!

More on that later!

Everyone that participated in the contest (even Tiffanie) has the opportunity to submit a revised version of their query and 250. The revisions will come from the feedback gotten from this contest.

All you have to do is open your own entry post. Then, in a comment, post your revised query and 250. I'll be tracking the comments. Those that have posted revisions, I'll list below. (I'll try to do it as fast as possible; if I'm really slow, just comment on this blog post giving me a heads up with your post number :D)

Those with Revisions

#4 GLASS HAND
#5 NIGHT WITCH
#6 RUST&BLUE
#7 TAINTED
#10 ALL IS DARK
#11 WRAPPED IN DARKNESS
#12 CAPTAIN
#17 DREAM CRASHER
#18 REMEMBER
#19 THE FLAME WARS
#20 EXQUISITE SENSES

Same rules apply for voting etiquette, except now you can give as many Yes's as you want (way too hard to track with a changing number of revisions). As always, be constructive. Don't be brutally harsh. There's a smaller number of entries now so take your time to tell them what they did right in their query and 250 as well :) I feel that it's almost as important knowing what's working as knowing what's not working.

Be sure to return the favor if your revision gets a critique! If you have posted a revision and are critiquing someone else's revision, make sure to include your post number in your critique so the writer has an easier time finding your post.

I AM EXCITED.

Now that the contest is over, it's the time for feedback for me. In the end, all I want to know is: How was the contest? Any suggestions for the next time? Be as honest as you need to be.

CONGRATS TIFFANIE!!! And congrats everyone else for taking so much time to critique the other entries and being so amazingly thoughtful in your critiques :)

Go congratulate Tiffanie on Twitter!

2 comments: