Friday, November 2, 2012

The Start of NaNoWriMo -- Add Me!



Officially, yesterday, the "Thirty days and night of literary abandon!" has started. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited. I needed a push to write.

Let me tell you a little story.

Every start of the month, due to a teacher's enlightening knowledge, I try to have "rabbit, rabbit" be the first thing I say when I wake up for good luck during the month. Although I don't believe in luck, I DO believe in placebos. Call me a self-mutilating ignoramus, I don't mind; this works for me.

However, I rarely ever accomplish this "good luck" goal, but yesterday night, I was spazzing because I was thinking, "It's NaNoWriMo, I need some placebos!" So I said "rabbit, rabbit" at midnight (I was still up) but I knew it didn't count. So I went to sleep. What would you know, randomly (or this might have been a dream), I woke up at 3:30 am, said, "rabbit, rabbit" after being a little confusion, and went back to sleep.

NaNoWriMo has permeated my existence for this month. Yesterday, I actually skipped an obligation so I could write! I KNOW! I'm feeling like an actual writer!

I'm getting more writing done and I have more energy when I write; I'm not experiencing the cruel killer that is Writer's Lag. I'm loving it. It helps that I'm not technically drafting, I'm rewriting a MS from scratch, so I know where I am going. (I would suggest outlines for those who wrote themselves in a corner. Just rip off the bandage and do it, especially in the craze that is NaNoWriMo.)

The best thing about this is the positive pressure from the community. How many times have I said the writer's community is one of the best? Not enough. I LOVE YOU GUYS.

SO, please, please, please (dang, that's the first time I used bold in this post! That's like a record.) add me on NaNoWriMo. I'm SC_Author, and I hail from Hogwarts (I shouldn't have told you that. Shoot. Ah, you guys wouldn't believe me anyway. Muggles.... Saving my life every day.)

How is your NaNoWriMo starting? Everything you hoped, or less than your expectations? Share!

I'm on word 1,774 from Day 1 writing (I have 20K from previous). Yay :) My goal is 70K by the end of November.

5 comments:

  1. You can do it! No panic.
    Not participating this year as I'm busy with edits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Alex, I'm busy with edits in November, plus I still have to plan my next project. So November is NaNoRevPlaMo for me. :D (Aka Mish-Mash month).

    Good luck with your NaNo project, SC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NaNo does sound like fun. Perhaps one year I'll give it a try. But for now, I need to spend a lot of time in the 'hood. (FATHERhood.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you get a lot done in one day. i'm a lot slower...just time really. thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. new follower here! no nano for me...i just don't have the time...that's MY 4 letter word.. :X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus clearly states in the Course that God did not create this world, and thus on this basis unaccompanied He is definitely different from the Judaeo-Christian deity. The biblical God is a dualistic creator of a physical universe that he creates by the articulated word, as noted in Genesis' first account of creation: "And God said, let there be ...... Thus, this world and all creatures came into existence as separated entities, existing outside of him. In effect, therefore, the biblical God creates by projecting a thought or concept outside himself, where it becomes a physical "reality," as witnessed, again, in the creation story in the Book of Genesis.ACIM Spiritual Community

    ReplyDelete