Friday, July 12, 2013

"It's My Birthday" Mini-Contest!

WOO!!! It is my birthday!!!! (Just like last time, I scheduled this post for 7:12 am so it's all like 7/12, July 12, all awesome and stuff, BUT I ACCIDENTALLY DID IT FOR 7:12 PM SO NOW IT'S ALL RUINED. ARG! Let's see if Blogger lets me go back in time and say that I posted it at 7:12 AM.)

Last year I did a sort of mini-contest where everyone shares something about a birthday, and an awesome suggestion: Why their characters have the birthdays they do.

I want to do something like that this time, too!

(Woah, it's really been a year. That's crazy.)

However, I'm going to be out for a while due to vacation stuff (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) SO I won't be around to really do Contesty regulation things.

So here's the Mini-Contest!

Share a funny story, nice story, heart-warming story, etc., about a birthday (doesn't have to be yours!) and put it in the comments below. I'll pick the best one and schedule a post for Monday to post it :) (However, your entry has to be in by afternoon on Saturday (tomorrow) because I'M LEAVING!!!)

Yes. I know. Kind of silly, maybe pointless, but just good fun :)

About Query Kombat:

The agent round is coming to a close tomorrow, and more than half of the 16 entries have gotten requests! But we hope to get bigger. We seriously hope to do more. Next year, we're going to plan it further in advance and get more agents to stop by (and invite the AWESOME agents that already did to come again! They, truly, were fantastic (and if you're reading this, agents, we all hope that you find a future client from this contest!)).

Hopefully, you entrants got a lot of help from the various critiques you got from being in the Kontest, and also from the Twitter mini-critiques we hosts did for those who didn't get into the Kontest. Hopefully, your 250 and query got stronger even if you didn't get requests (your entries are still AMAZING, trust us!).

You guys are going far, and please keep in touch with us to share success stories :)

Yay, Query Kombat! And yay, Happy Birthdays!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!
    I could tell you about my twenty-first birthday, but it's not heart-warming.
    My wife got me a guitar for my birthday last year. That was really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    So, not heart warming, but sort of entertaining birthday story: My sister has always lamented the fact that her hair isn't as long as she'd like. In response she has always worn it down so that it hangs over her shoulders. At her birthday party, we brought out a cake brimming with lit candles. She leaned over and blew out the candles.

    Of course she lit her hair on fire.

    Her boyfriend at the time slapped out the fire post haste. Her best friend said, "Damnit! I didn't get the picture in time! What a Kodak moment!"

    Now everyone ties back their hair before making birthday wishes in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!

    When I turned 11, it was just after my grandma H had passed away. I was confused when people said she wasn't coming back, etc., had no clue what had happened in August. So, imagine my surprise when, while opening presents, there was a gift from Grandma H. I still have the stuffed animal she gave me and can't sleep without it most nights. I don't care how old I get, that toy will always be with me. It's the very last thing I ever got from her and I treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which means that I have missed your actual birthday. So sorry! I hope it was a happy one!

    Enjoy your holiday, SC. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, your birthday is July 12? Mine is August 12. The twelfth day absolutely ROCKS! I hope it's wonderful, you know, "guy" wonderful...since you're a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I missed the deadline. But happy belated birthday. And enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete