Sunday, April 21, 2013

Meteor Shower Tonight! (April 21)

I know I'm posting at around 11.30 pm Central Time on a Sunday, BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT!

A meteor shower is peaking TONIGHT and will be best visible around 4-4.30 am tomorrow morning, before sunrise. The moon will take a good chunk out of the meteors (it is too bright right now) but if you live far from the city, you should get a good number of meteors!

It should be coming from the East.

I live near Chicago, so I hope I see some :(

If you get the chance, go look at nature's beauty!

Look at this website for more info.

Go go go! (And I hope it'll be a good spectacle.)

Oh, and Happy Earth Day, guys :) I still have a half an hour before 12 AM, but still :D Isn't this an amazing gift on Earth Day? It's like nature knows!

ETA: The Internet fooled me. This shower is not rare; it happens yearly. Sigh. Sorry guys. And it as faint when I went out so I probably fooled myself into seeing a few. Sigh. This sucks. But if you're away from the city, you'll have an awesome time!

3 comments:

  1. We are heading NW of town, where it is total blackout...so much so we caught the light pollution of the aurora the other day. WOOHOO! Hopefully get a few good pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that on my calendar?! I've been trying to catch one for years. T_T I might not have, though, because I work Monday mornings. I'll wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete