Thursday, September 27, 2012

JK Rowling Gives Me Hope... and Depression


Casual Vacancy, JK Rowling's new book, is out TODAY! 

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

I am bummed out because I found out our Barnes and Noble opens at 9 and not 7 as I was (foolishly) hoping. I'll have to wait until like 4ish to buy the book....

Ugh.

BUT there is another reason I am excited for this, other than it is JKR (surprising, right?).

This book was like my reward, you know? Like, "Keep going till the 27th, just keep going, don't give up." It was like the deadline for me to really get my book amazing. 

I pictured finally reading the book to be an overwhelming experience, knowing it was for THIS book I worked -- and accomplished -- so much, and it was all coming to fruition.... JKR's book is almost bittersweet to me because my old MS ready is now on the back burner. I guess I didn't 'achieve' reading this book. It is a bit depressing knowing I will be reading this book, and I won't be close to my desired writing goal. My current WIP is also a mess.... I won't have the overwhelming experience I hoped for.

But this book will be like my dessert. It will be a treat, and I don't know if I earned it or not, but... sigh. I don't know. Will I ever reach my goal? Or am I just getting farther and farther away?

Hopefullythis book will motivate me to keep going. It's always a day-to-day living for us writers, right?

I am super excited, and sorry for the rant above, I don't know where it came from. I was supposed to be freaking out about the JKR book, gosh darn it!

BUT I AM SOOO EXCITED! Stupid US TODAY interviews keep teasing like freaking teasers.... and now BBC too! AGGG! I just want to read this book!!!!! I don't know how I'll be able to handle waiting till 4o'clock.... As you are reading this, the book is purchasable. I can't handle this.... I have to wait so many more hours. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I'm getting a little crazy as the book draws nearer.

Are you guys excited? I am. Just a little.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, have to reward effort as well. Besides, you are allowed just to enjoy sometimes.
    And I've never even read the Harry Potter books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get the book too! I have to wait till the weekend though. At least you'll be getting it before me. :D Happy reading. Whooot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs. Don't give up on your dreams, you can still do it!! Let JK inspire you with each page you turn and you'll be back to your own writing in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you know what? Maybe when you come back to your WIPs you'll find there's something you can work with there. Perhaps the time away is just what you need. Besides, is there anything more inspiring than to read the work of an author you love? Either way, good luck and may you still enjoy it very much!

    ReplyDelete