Friday, June 5, 2015

QK Round 1 Winners & Host Save!

Well, Round 1 of this crazy contests officially ended last night. We promised blood and blood there was. 

Please have your revised entries to us by Saturday, June 6th at 5 pm EST. Use the same format and subject line and send to the contest email: QueryKombat (at) gmail (dot) com.

A full 32 entries out of the 64 lost in a valiant fight - you should have seen us hosts and the judges freak out over Twitter and in the comments of the entries about how hard it was to choose.

For those 32: good job. You gave the judges a hell of a job. Hopefully you got some amazing feedback. Also, remember, you were picked for a reason - and you got feedback from some of the smartest people in the community! You're still a winner.

For the 32 who are advancing to the Agent Round, CONGRATS!!!!!! YOU GET TO GO ON TO THE AGENT ROUND WHICH OPENS THIS MONDAY!!!

Below is the list of those who will go on to the next round. Please let me know if we made any mistakes!



Orphan Red 
Zip
If You Give a Girl a Redo
Greek Gods are the Best Kind of Trouble
A Thousand Miles Astray
Forget You Stalin
Eavesdropping Monkey
Guilt By Association
Paranormal Fear
Sand Dollar
The Impressionistic Cow
Skins of the Father
My Monster Twin is Rotting
Brain Gourmet
Best(iary) Western
Queen of Drones
Broadway Baby
Fed to the Crocodiles
Life Sucks--I'm Stuck in Podunk
Teenagers Make Poor James Bond
A Girl and her Serial Killer
Paper Girl in the Land of Yesterday
Musical Mirror Mayhem
Middle Grade Leverage
Librarians, Curses, and Mysteries
Grandma Guardians
Stellar Twins Kickin it Cosmic Style
Guinness
My Life as a Teenage Pirate Queen
Fake Heirs Do It Better
Elephants Never Forget
Twin for the Win

CONGRATS!!! Of course, we still have....



the Host Saves



These are three entries that we three hosts will pick from our teams to move on to the agent round but not on to Round 2. Check out Michelle's and Mike's picks. The Host Saves can submit a revised entry and will go to the agent round, but not to the second combat round.

I'm going to pick my host save a little differently. Only four [EDIT: I can't count. It's really five!] Writerbees have made it into the Agent Round :( As such, I kind of want to force my team to make those revisions! SO - if you want a chance to be my host save, send in a revised entry (same format, same everything) to the QK email address by Saturday, June 6th, 5 pm EST with the subject line 'SC Host Save - [Insert Nickname of Your Entry]'.
I'm going to pick my host save not only based on what I feel is the strongest entry (because I think all of you are strong - I picked you!) but on what I feel the agents/editors in the agent round will be requesting. It's going to be highly highly subjective! The main purpose is to force you all to do those revisions :D

Congrats everyone!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you all at the agent round!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks again! I'll get those revisions in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said only 4 Writerbees made it? Who are they? Looks like all your PB picks made it, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo!!! I survived and am thrilled to represent Team SC...I promise to make u proud:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Revisions sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still standing!! Queen of Drones ;-)

    ReplyDelete