Monday, May 11, 2015

SC#4 - YA Psych Thriller/Horror THE NEW GIRL

Title: THE NEW GIRL
Genre: YA psychological thriller/horror
Word Count: 59,000

Pitch:

When seventeen-year-old Jenny befriends the new girl, she never dreams it'll ruin her life. Taylor's beautiful, wealthy, and smart…but she’s also a murderous psychopath. Jenny must end Taylor’s dangerous games before her dearest friend dies.

If your MC was an Easter Egg, what flavour would they be?: 


I'd be one of those Sour Patch Kids eggs, because I seem sour until you get to know me. Then I'm all kinds of awesome.

First 300:

A shadow fell across the page I was reading.

“I love your hair.”

Drawing a hand against my forehead to shield my eyes, I squinted at the girl who stood over me. With the sun behind her, it was difficult to see her face, but I could see enough to know the newcomer was making fun of me. Her hair was long blonde curled perfection. I rubbed my hand through my own crop. Thinking of a few choice phrases, I decided to ignore her instead.

“Did you do the color yourself? It’s awesome.”

I turned shoulders slightly so the light would fall on the page again, hoping the girl would get the hint. There was no way this Malibu Barbie liked my look, and I’d taken enough ribbing over it today.

The shadow moved on and I breathed a sigh of relief. I was about to glance over my shoulder to make sure the coast was clear when she knelt in front of me.

“I tried Kool-Aid once. It turned my hair bright blue. I looked like Cookie Monster. My mom freaked.”

I couldn’t help but grin. My mother hadn’t been thrilled with my back-to-school look, either. I couldn’t imagine this girl with blue hair. “Manic Panic.”

“You did a great job. That purple is sweet.”

“Thanks.” Even my best friend had been unsure about my ultraviolet brush cut, but who cared what people thought? In the end, they were all sheep anyway.

The girl’s eyes widened and I realized she was gaping at the cover of my book. “Is that a real book of spells?”

I shook my head. “Fiction.”

She seemed disappointed. She plopped down on the grass with no thought to her cream-colored skirt, making herself comfortable.

3 comments:

  1. Ms. Soccer Bunny leaves you 2 Boxes Caramel eggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'd love to leave you 1 x nougat fill Choc. egg, from Warrior Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder Woman Bunny leaving 2 boxes of caramel eggs

    ReplyDelete