Friday, April 25, 2014

The Writer's Tank Wrap Up!

The contest is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In total, we got over two dozen requests from five agents - that's an amazing ratio. I think the total number of requests was 27 or something like that.

CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!!!

And for all you who didn't get requests, don't worry about it. I'm not worried - I believe in your writing and others will too. And read this. It's mandatory. It's about critiques but I think it applies to rejections from contests as well.

AND THIS WAS JUST ONE CONTEST!! With only five agents!!! Just think: you'd be crazy to only query five agents, so it's not a big deal that you didn't get requests from these five. Genre and subjectivity is huge.

To the agents: THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for taking the time to participate! I truly hope you find something you love :)

To the entrants: if you get ANY success story from the contest (directly or indirectly) email me or Tweet me!!! I love success stories :)

Now, off to plan for the Query Kombat contest!!! Phew. So much to do, so little time!

Hope you all had fun!

NOW, FEEDBACK TIME: 

Tell me your thoughts about the contest. Anything to improve for a possible next time?

5 comments:

  1. That is an awesome ratio! Thanks again, SC, and to all the agents who participated. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My only suggestion is to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SC for organizing & to all the agents who gave their time to look at our writing. I read your criticism post and OUCH. But I agree, harsh critiques are better than no critiques. I definitely thank the critiques I've gotten in the past because if there's any problem with the story, better to know upfront so I can retool than to send it to a bunch of agents and get...well, you know...the dreaded R word. That's the real OUCH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks SC for your support to writers. It really means a lot. And also thanks for being so kind to "cushion" the sting of rejection. :) It's all a part of the process. I really enjoyed participating and I hope you continue your mission. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete