Monday, March 10, 2014

Pretty Much, I Just Can't Stand Snakes

I was reading Wendy's blog post and I came across this.

I'M CRINGING AND FREAKING OUT AS I WRITE THIS, GUYS.

I don't know why I have such a fear of snakes. I've never had a snake-trauma experience, a snake never lunged at me, the two snakes that I've ever come in close contact to were immobile. BUT I'M SO FREAKING SCARED OF SNAKES, GUYS.

I'm getting chills on my arms and I'm shuddering as I think of it.

I can't handle snakes. I just can't handle them.

ANYWAY

I heard about this snake-eating-a-crocodile story a few times before Wendy's blog post, and I've always been meaning to look at the picture because of that weird, messed up thing where you're kind of attracted towards things that freak you out so much. Like when you keep poking at a scab even though you know it hurts. So I was all like, "Yeah, I'm going to see the pictures!"

THIS SNAKE WAS FREAKING HUGE, GUYS. I MEAN HUGE. AGHAOSGHDSAHDFALSD.

F*&#&!!!

I just Googled "snake eats crocodile" to get a picture of it and I had so many scary images pop up. I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight, I'm freaked out so badly. Here's the picture that I went through a mild form of hell to get for your viewing pleasure (you're welcome):

I do not own this picture. Source
This picture scared me the most because HOW CAN SOMETHING'S BODY COIL AROUND SO MUCH LIKE THAT. THAT'S NASTY. THAT'S DISGUSTING. ARGHSADKGAOIGE.

Anyway, now you know one of my biggest fears. I'm freaked out, scared, and slightly confused as to why I wrote this post but I guess I just wanted to share my freaking-out emotion with you guys, maybe. I don't know.

ASDHNGASDJFL.

I can't STAND snakes. Urghh, I just shuddered!!!

What are you guys scared of? Spiders? (I'm not really scared of spiders. For some reason, they just don't scare me.)

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh! And you had to post a picture??
    I totally hate snakes, but I hate spiders more -- not necessarily the little, light-colored, barely-there ones, but any that has a thick, dark body or thick legs, or (heaven forbid) hair on it.

    There was a book I read once when I was in grade school where a snake swam up sewer lines into a toilet, and that's contributed to my paranoia about public restrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry!
    I don't like snakes, but fortunately I'm not afraid of them. We get quite a few in our yard and not all of them are non-poisonous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll jump if a snake lunges at me (I think that's something just buried in our hindbrain or something), but I'm perfectly happy to hold one and let it coil around my arm. Well, maybe not the one in that picture!
    Spiders I don't do so well. It's the little ones that get me - because if they're on me and I jump up and down screaming and then don't know where they are, then I'm just going to freak out for hours. Don't even get me started on spider webs. Cuz if I accidentally touched one, maybe the spider was on it and now it's on me.
    Oddly enough, I like tarantulas. They're more like a little mouse than a spider. Too big to disappear and they have velvety soft bellies. Where I live in Colorado, we have a tarantula migration every fall and all us crazy people serpentine down the road to avoid them. I also have to keep my dog off them, she pounces until she kills them. Had a cat once that ate them.
    Marlene at On Writing and Riding

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, thanks for the shout out :)

    Secondly, I suppose if I saw a snake slithering around in its natural environment, rather than behind glass in a zoo, I would want to climb to safety - rather quickly :) However, they don't freak me out per se. What freaks me out, god knows why, are tiny mice. It's completely irrational, because let's face it ... they - are - tiny .. and could harm us in no way whatsoever!

    Oh, just remembered, I have a photo of me when I was in Morocco (a long time ago) with a rather 'large' snake wound around me shoulders. That should give you the shudders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Indiana Jones hates snakes. So you're in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you given that fear to any of your main characters? I tend to do that--share my fears with them. I don't like snakes. Have killed more than my fair share of them. (I'm from in-the-middle-of-nowhere Georgia.)

    ReplyDelete